Below is your ‘copy and paste’ Older Dog contract.
1.) You may copy and paste this contract on to a blank page in your word program
a.) Fill it out anyway you want. If you change anything within the contract, please use red so i will be sure to see it. Do not sign it as of yet…
2.) Save the contract in your DOCUMENTS under your name and dogs name “contract”
3.) E-mail me the contract as a MICROSOFT WORD attachment or…. you can copy and paste it into your E-mail. (easiest). Do not use any other form that i can not work with as i must be able to correct any mistakes.
I will go over our contract after you fill in all that you can. I will then fill in my parts. When I am ok with the contract i will send it off to you in an E-mail as an attachment. (or directly into an email).
Next you will go over the contract once again to be sure you agree with it, then sign it. Send it back to me and i will then sign it and send it back to you.
Older dogs cost more to transport
Schwarz Kennels Adult Dog Sales Contract
Part One: Seller’s Information: Kennels Name: Schwarz Kennels Sellers Name: Lois E. Schwarz and Amey Gage Seller’s Address: 4175 Winnetka Rd. White City, Or. 97503 Phone: 541 538-8224 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Hereinafter referred to as “Breeder/Seller”.
Part Two: Buyer’s Information: Buyers Name: _______________ Buyers Address: ______________ Buyers Phone: _____________ Buyers E-Mail ____________ Hereinafter known as: “Buyer/Owner”
The seller has on this date __________ promised to sell to the buyer the Dog described below: Breed: American Alsatian date of birth ________ Gender:
Name and description of dog: ______________________
Sire’s information: _________________________ Dam’s information:_________________________________
Total purchase price of dog _____________
Deposit amount and date Paid: _____________________ additional payments and dates/check #s_____________
Less deposit and payments = _____________
Travel Crate for Dog (if you are picking pup up or have a ground transport service transport your dog to you, write NONE): __________
(Schwarz pdf Handbook for puppy training: 19.00?) ____________
Boarding fees are 10.00 per day after 8 wks of age
DAYS BOARDING ______ X 10.00 =__________
Amount to be paid before shipment or pickup: ____________________
(Shipping and transportation fees are not the responsibility of the Breeder and are not included in the sale of this pup/dog)
Seller Warrants and Agrees:
1. Seller Lois Schwarz is the lawful owner of the dog.
2. Seller guarantees that the dog is sound in body and good health when leaving kennels premises. The dog has had its inoculations and is accompanied with paperwork on such. All of the shots and worming records are on each dogs web site page. Our pups/dogs do not have fleas or Ticks. (They may get them while traveling by ground).
3. This dog has NOT had its rabies shots and can not travel with out them unless my self or one of my kids is transporting your pup to you. The Seller can get this done for you at your cost. Vet Clinc would be: Crater Animal Clinic on Villas Road, Central Point Oregon. 97503.
4. If you wish this vet to examine the dog for a “health Certificate”, it would cost an additional 75.00 for a travel health certificate which only indicates that the veterinarian has seen the dog and that the dog is free of any contagious disease. If you are ground shipping or picking up the dog, no Health Certificate is necessary. If you are flying with your dog in cargo you will need a Health Certificate. If you are flying with the pup as an accessory/Take on baggage, no Health Certificate is necessary. Please call the airlines to make sure of all rules and regs of that company.
5. The Seller will not be held responsible for any veterinary matters related to the animal shipping/transportation including but not limited to fleas, ear mite, etc. The Seller will be free from vet charges that may arise due to the contact of this dog with other animals and/or substances during the transportation. The Seller will not be held responsible for any unforeseen delays in the transportation schedule caused by airlines or airlines weather restrictions or by any private transportation services you hire.
6. Seller guarantees that the dog is free from any known physical defects at the time when animal left the Seller’s possession (See Photos and video). If you wish to make sure that our pups are absolutely clean and cared for, please ask for a HEALTH CERTIFICATE so a Veterinarian can see the pup for you. You will need to call the vet and schedule an appointment (2 wks in advance) and charge it to your card.
7. Buyer should also take the dog to his own Vet near him/her within 3 business days from this dog being in the buyers possession. If this dog has a physical defect or life threatening transmittable illness, the buyer is entitled to a replacement dog after the ill/defective pup is transported back to the seller (as soon as possible) at the seller expense with all paperwork returned to the seller and being signed back to the seller.
The buyer is obligated to share all medical information (vets name, address, phone and paperwork) and test results with the seller. Seller reserves the right to review this information with the seller’ licensed veterinarian and contact the buyer’ veterinarian prior to decision making.
8. New Owner (buyer) is not ever reimbursed for veterinarian expenses unless these expenses are negotiated and confirmed in advance by a signed written agreement between the seller and the buyer.
9. Schwarz Kennels dogs are guaranteed to be OFA certifiable at THREE YEARS of age. If the buyer desires to perform a test the dog must be x-rayed by THIRTY (30) months of age, and the x-ray submitted to the OFA for examination and certification. If the OFA finds the dog to have hip dysplasia, the following requirements must be fulfilled in order to obtain a replacement dog. It is understood that money is NOT refunded, and that this guarantee is for a REPLACEMENT dog only.
(A). OFA shall be the sole judge regarding hip dysplasia.
(B). The seller is to receive a copy of the OFA report.
(C). If the dog has hip dysplasia, the dog will be replaced upon return of the dog and the dog’s registration paper, which is to be signed back over to the seller.
The buyer may keep the dog or transfer the ownership to another party, but this dog must be neutered or spayed, and the seller must receive written proof of this procedure from the veterinarian who performed the surgery before a replacement dog could be released to the buyer.
10. The Seller guarantees the above dog against life-threatening non-treatable congenital defects for the first 2 years of animal life. If life-threatening non-treatable congenital defect is found within the first 2 years of animal life then the seller agrees to provide the buyer with a replacement dog/puppy (of the same value) if all of the following conditions are met:
a) the statement from the licensed veterinarian indicating the diagnosis and the date when first diagnosed must be received by the Seller,
b) the puppy is returned to the seller/breeder at the buyers cost. Or both parties negotiate on the neutering and keeping or selling of this animal.
c) necropsy report outlining the defect upon animal death is received by the Seller. The Seller has a right to review the above documents with the licensed veterinarian and to contact veterinarian who performed the procedure. In case of multiple life-threatening non-treatable congenital defects are found and confirmed within 2 years of animal life the Buyer agrees that the Seller shall provide a single replacement puppy (of the same value, or les) upon all clauses of this paragraph are satisfied.
The Seller will not be held responsible for any veterinary expenses incurred by the Buyer unless such expenses are negotiated in advance and confirmed by written documentation signed by both the Seller and the Buyer.
11. If replacement of dog is applicable as per paragraphs 7a, b and c above, then the following conditions shall apply:
(A). All freight charges for the replacement dog/pup are to be paid by the owner/buyer of the puppy/dog. The seller is under no obligations to ship the replacement dog/pup until all transportation fees are paid in full.
(B). Replacement puppy/dog may be chosen from any available breeding that is similar in price to what the buyer paid for the original puppy/dog. Should the buyer want a more expensive replacement puppy/dog the seller shall be entitled to receive the difference in price before a replacement puppy is released to the buyer.
(C). All replacement clauses identified in paragraphs 3, 5, 6 and this current paragraph are applicable to the original owner of the dog.
BUYER WARRANTS AND AGREES:
1. This dog shall be maintained and kept under the personal control of the Buyer, and this dog shall be given adequate housing, food, veterinary care, basic obedience training and shall in no manner be mistreated or neglected.
2. This dog is sold as a pet or companion dog (not guaranteed to be of show conformation and/or breeding quality), and he/she shall not be used for breeding unless the buyer and the seller agree, in writing, to that, in a separate breeding rights agreement. (The American Alsatian wording is Trade Marked and may never be used by anyone other than the breeder)
3. If circumstances arise that would prevent the buyer from keeping this dog, the buyer promises not to discard this dog, and to make every effort to place the dog in another suitable home. This dog shall not be turned over to any animal shelter or rescue organization. If the buyer is unable to locate a suitable home for the dog, the dog shall be returned to the seller together with its signed-off registration papers – free of charge to the seller and the seller would find a new buyer to reimburse the cost of boarding and care.
This contract is valid from the date of final purchase (Deposit of final payment) of the dog and throughout the lifetime of the dog, or until the buyer transfers ownership of the dog to a third party.
Buyer: ______________________________ date: __________
Seller: ______________________________ date: __________